Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Restaurant Week-Pt 1: Aquavit



Jarvis and I have made a few reservations for Restaurant Week. My mom came to town today so we had to celebrate and kick off Resto Week with her! Our first stop was at Aquavit.
We were hoping for a Chef Marcus Samuelsson sighting--but gladly willing to settle for good food and convos. The restaurant is elegantly simple-the entrance is barely detectable.

Our 3 courses were delicious. I had the butternut squash soup, the swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and ligonberries and The Most Amazing Dessert--The Artic Circle. The food was so delicious and we toasted champagne to MLK's memory and Obama's future. We had a super cute waitress--a singer/actress ( I know that probably goes without saying).

BTW--have you seen these rain boots? They combine everything that is good-knee-high boots-crocodile-JIMMY CHOO...need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment